Saturday, July 22, 2006

2 days patience

Although Greece is advertised to its citizens as a modern European country, we can still witness a lot of events that prove the opposite. I was unlucky enough to postpone my vacations because of an event of this type.
I was supposed to leave for vacations yersteday. I had booked my ferie tickets a month ago and I was ready for 20 relaxing days. Sadly enough, I was informed by the newspaper, just 8 hours before the scheduled departure, that our ferie (call "Vitsentzos Kornaros" and owned by the Greek shipping company "Lasithiaki") wont travel. The problem wasn't weather relater nor a mechanical failure had occurred....
Our ferie had to make other routes to replace another ferie (called "Ierapetra") that had gone to Libanos to help people leave the country. While I am glad that Greek feries help anyway they can in that tough situation, it makes me wonder why wasn't I informed earlier about the canceling of our trip? Or even more, why did the ferry had to replace "Ierapetra" in another domestic route?? Were the passengers of that route more than the rest of us? How can you say that I am going to help some Greeks go vacations, while leaving others (that had trusted your company and booked their tickets weeks ago) uninformed and without a ferie???
Ofcourse our money were returned and I had to book a flight (giving extra 120€ for 2 persons) for Monday morning....
Makes you rethink the idea of staying in Greece for vacations......

No comments: